The MKnet is mknet.org's flagship mailing list. It's really a
"hang-out", think of it as the "home" of some global nomad (if that's
not a contradiction), and you're invited to come chat, have a drink
and a talk. It's a huge room, lots of people, and knowing us MKs,
there's a good chance you'll find someone here you know. Or maybe
you'll make a new friend or two. Whatever the case, if you grew up
not knowing where home was, you've found it now. Come in, make
yourself comfy, and please introduce yourself to us all! Tell us
where (plural) you're from, who (singular) you are, what you're up to.
For comfort and security reasons we require approval before your subscription is approved. In today's world of automated list archival tools we want to ensure you have a reasonably safe place to "hang out".
No subject is off-topic, but for the heck of it, here's a general
THE PURPOSE OF THE MKNET
=== ======= == === =====
1. To provide a forum for discussing issues of concern to MKs;
2. To encourage contacts between MKs;
3. To distribute news tidbits about those "remotest parts of the earth"
that are not covered in any "respectable" newspaper; :-)
4. To discuss whether 'colo(u)r' should be spelled with that darn 'u'
5. To announce class reunions of international schools, retreats for
MKs, and any other TCK get-togethers;
6. To provide a pool (indoor, heated) whereby one MK may be able to
locate "lost" friends or classmates;
7. etc. (there, that should cover all the bases)
The MKnet has a FAQ which can be found at
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the MKnet
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to MKnet by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. Once
confirmation is received, your request will be held for approval
by the list moderator. You will be notified of the moderator's
decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.